Friday, March 14, 2008

Ah yes... I have been tagged

Ok, so I've been tagged twice. To do this thingy. I'm really not that interesting, but I must come up with 5 whole things that are interesting about me. Then I'm supposed to tag more people. However I do believe I'm so far behind that everyone else has been tagged that I would possibly tag. (wow that's a lot of tagging) If you stumble upon me, or perhaps lurk, let yourself be known! Tag yourself for me and then let me know :) I love finding out things about other people. I'm nosey like that :) Here goes -

1. My father passed away when I was 16, and where as this would cause most people to have "issues" I'm surprisingly (apparently) well adjusted to this. I never really grieved, I just always accepted it - perhaps that in itself could be considered an "issue".

2. I wish I was more domestic. I try to be, but I hate the dishes and the laundry and the cleaning. Yet I hate having dirty laundry, dirty dishes and a dirty house. A great paradox I know.

3. Since 2002 I have moved 6 times and lived in 3 different states - Texas, then CA, back to TX, then MD then back to CA.

4. I love the smell of clean sheets straight out of the dryer. For this reason I always wash my sheets at night and then make the bed right before getting in it - so warm and cozy. I love it.

5. I am horrible about putting things in the mail. If I had to rely only on the mail to pay bills they would never get paid. I have piles and piles of cards, Birthday cards, thank you cards, Easter cards, Valentine's Day... you name it, I have addressed and stamped envelopes with these cards in it that simply never make it to the mail box. I'm that bad at mailing things. I try though, I really do - and I must say I'm much better at it now that I don't have to drive to the Post Office or find a blue mailbox. I've mailed more things in the 2 weeks we've lived here than the 3 1/2 years we were in MD.

And that'll do it. 5 things about me that you may have known, may not have known - but now ya do! Aren't ya glad :)

4 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

reprehriestless warillever said...

I am also very bad about mailing things. Fortunately, my husband is pretty good about it, even though he is hopeless with remembering birthdays. Makes us a good pair.

Melonie said...

Hiya! Just read your comment on my water post on the blog and thought I should let you know that the PX has some Brita faucet filters for a good rate. They sell the cartridges for a decent amount too. I don't know if it is something that would work for the shower faucet also, as you'd be running a lot of gallons per minute through there and going through a lot of filters - but at the very least, you could throw one on the kitchen sink.

That chlorine smell is new - I noticed it after the first of the year, most especially the past two weeks. I'm not sure WHAT is up with that, but I have to admit it isn't pleasant.

Did y'all stay in Lodging here? Did you notice the funky foam & sediment in the water? The dog wouldn't even drink it, and she's not real picky. Thank goodness we don't have THAT....yet. ;-)

Noticed you're on the Park yahoo group - I just joined too. See ya round!

Garden State Kate said...

LOL, I'm so with you on the sheets!
I am also bad about mail....what is with that?

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

OMG I am horrible with mail. I can never seem to get to the post office. I do love receiving mail though LOL