Friday, February 22, 2008

Small houses, Big yards and too much rain

Well, that about sums it up - we now have a house, a small house - but a house. I look at it as a step towards my ideal of less is more. This will force us to prioritize and decide what of our mounds of crap stuff that we really can (and should) live without. I don't think it'll be half bad.

Our yard however totally and completely makes up for the small interior. It's HUGE! Really Huge, and it wraps around the entire house so I can have a nice large veggie garden on one side and all the play stuff can be on the other side with no threat of trampled tomatoes or squished squash. There's even a little teeny tiny patio for DH's Weber. Yay :)

However our huge yard and awesome NorCal location are being totally wasted as we have no household goods (to be delivered Monday), no car (as DH has stolen our transportation to transport himself to and from work... sheesh) and no sunshine! Rain rain rain. Enough already!

7 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

Garden State Kate said...

Congrats on your new digs!
And I do mean "digs"..plenty
of digging to be done for a garden and all that mud is just crying out to be dug in..LOL.
I hope all your "stuff" shows up on time and in one piece!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Oh all that stuff, boy do we have alot of it. WOw your yard sounds great. At least it'll be sunny soon and you guys look like you might spend a bunch of days outside.Can't wait to see pics.

Melonie said...

We're hoping to do a container garden in the courtyard area pretty soon - seems to me like a perfect little microclimate as it hasn't frosted over the whole time we've been here since last fall. Then again, we've only about 7 months left, so I can't really do anything too permanent!

Welcome to OMC. LOL Let me know if you need an emergency ride or just want to get OUT...I've got enough seats for my kiddos and yours. :-)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The larger yard will be great once the weather is nice.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The larger yard will be nice once the weather warms.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I am going to try this again. When I commented the other day it bounced to my mail saying it was undeliverable.

I think you will enjoy the bigger yard when the weather becomes nice, which is soon. Also, I love the aquarium near by.

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this again. When I commented today and the other day it bounced
to my mail saying it was undeliverable.

I think you will enjoy the big yard when the weather turns nice which will be soon.

Mariposa