Sunday, February 17, 2008

The light draws near

It has been a long road (2900 miles of it), and finally the light at the end of the tunnel is starting to emerge. I'll spare the boring details of bad luck and frustration and make a long story short (well as short as a long winded person such as myself can make it). Tomorrow we're going to look at the 60 some-odd houses available on post. We searched for a week or so for a house to rent on the economy, but decided perhaps the super homeschool friendly atmosphere on post would make up for the out dated and rather small homes... after all a home is what we make of it right? I must say our large house in B-more spoiled us. Soooo, by tomorrow afternoon we should (fingers toes and nose crossed) have an address and we should be moving in. It'll be nice to get out of the hotel and into our new abode. Speaking of our hotel - it's not a bad gig. We're staying in the old Del Monte Hotel, which was built in the 1880s and use to be the place to be if you were "anybody". It burned down and was rebuilt twice, and apparently it's haunted by a friendly ghost. The navy bought the land in the 20s during the depression and turned it into the naval postgraduate school.... which it remains today. Nice little history lesson :) Give me a week and I'll be posting and perhaps uncover my memory chip for my camera and I'll even post pictures :) Have a nice presidents weekend! We'll be reading a picture biography of Abe Lincoln and a few others along those lines to learn about the day - had to squeeze some sort of "school" in.

3 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

reprehriestless warillever said...

I'm glad that the move is going well so far. Good luck finding a new home!

Garden State Kate said...

I hope the hunt goes well and you are soon moved in and find your memory card! I can't wait to start to "see" some of Monterey through your blog!
;-)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The Monterey area is very nice and I love Carmel.

They have a great aquarium.