Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's the most wonderful time....

I have been neglectful of my blog. As much as I am addicted to love blogging - the holidays come with such long "To Do" lists that I really just haven't managed to find the time. Shame on me. Most of the past week was spent "winter cleaning". After all - what good is a decorated house if it's dusty and dirty? So after facing my greatest fear (our basement) to lug up boxes of decorations - Soph and I set to work. I am very very picky about my holiday decorating, and since this is our first (and last) year in our house for the holidays much thought has gone into this year's decor. Although the inside of our house is still a work in progress, I'm happy to say that I am so so SO happy with outside. Although I drastically underestimated the amount of garland and lights required (I'm pretty sure the folks at Michael's know me by name), the look is what I consider to be very "traditional". Red and white and garland. Once I find my camera I shall take pictures. Tomorrow is going to be the final day (I hope) of decorating so I can haul the now empty boxes back down to the basement. After all, it's hard to enjoy a warm cozy and festive house if you can't even find a place to sit among the boxes! That and I need to get back in the gift making swing - only 23 days left and I don't want to have to settle for gifts I don't feel are complete - that would be pretty lame of me.

So with all that rambling outta the way - all I have left "to do" is...

1. Decorate out living room/kitchen

2. Gingerbread houses (!)

3. Finish the family gifts. (this is no small feat. I have Soph, Lil B, DH, and 10 or so other people to create for - gosh)

4. Bake, bake and then bake some more.

5. Do the card thing.

6. Wrap presents (this is possibly my 2nd favorite part of giving gifts. I'm a firm believer that careful and pretty wrapping is an outward display of how much one cares about the recipient of the gift - it's almost as important as the gift itself!)

and... 7. Work on the "moving in February To Do" list - which has like 100 things on it.

I love December. I can't guarantee that I'll get much posting in - but I can guarantee that the less posting that gets accomplished, the more we are enjoying our season :)

5 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

Garden State Kate said...

OK, now hurry up and post those pics!!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Wow , you do sound busy. maybe I should start my to do list.

chanale said...

You make gifts for everyone? Wow!

Anonymous said...

I'm struggling with a similar feeling of chaos but at least I'm not moving in February. :) I hope you accomplished a lot today and yesterday. I got a little done today but dh is out of town for a few days this week. I'm just doing the best I can.

Anonymous said...

You are way ahead of me with your list and all. I am sitting around worrying about simplifying, when in actual fact I will probably "simplify" by getting none of it done in time!!

I hope your move prep goes smoothly and that you can manage it without stressing.