Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Could it be?

Snow before Christmas?! We're supposed to get 2-3 inches of snow tomorrow, which although may seem like nothing to those closer to the lakes or a bit north of us - but for us lowly MD folk, that's not bad. In all honestly we're sissies and that amount will probably cause totally chaos and schools to close - sad I know. I love watching the snow fall and I love how excited Soph gets at the idea of snow. Since this will more than likely be her last snow I hope we get a good amount before we leave. If I recall correctly we didn't get more than 2 ft all winter last year - and it didn't even make it's debut until February (the day we settled on our house, because if the weather was nice that would have made things too easy). I'm (almost) sad to say we've been a bit on the hermit side lately, which is mildly disappointing. Usually I have no problem staying home, but this time of the year it's always fun to bundle up and take evening walks (or even car rides) to look at the holiday displays. However, with 60mph winds and temperatures well below freezing I just can't bring myself to take B out into the elements - not to mention Soph is so darned stubborn that it took me 20 minutes and much negotiation to get her to take off her bathing suit and put on tights. Checkmate came when I told her she could open the door and if she could honestly tell me it wasn't freezing outside she could wear whatever she wanted - if it was cold I was going to pick her attire. Let me tell you, that little girl is stubborn as all heck! I was surprised that her legs didn't fall off while she stood on our porch in protest. Luckily she didn't last all but a minute. Mom - 1 Soph -0. Once she was fully dressed in seasonally appropriate clothing I told her I was packing up her summer clothes for good. I was then informed that she was fine with that because in CA she can wear summer dresses in winter and swimming pools are open year round. Now - I don't know if she figured that out on her own, was "making it up" hoping it was true, or if she has been speaking with good ol' dad - either way I'm sure she's going to enjoy warmer weather. She's not one for being bound much - by my rules or by clothes.

I'm pleased to say that my to do list is getting shorter. I really should put it in the sidebar and cross things off as I complete them - perhaps then I would feel more accomplished. The inside of our home is about 80% complete. The outside needs a bit of love due to crazy style winds, but nothing a few minutes wont fix. I've been working on our Christmas Cards for about 3 days now and my goal was to get them sent out by tomorrow. Well, that's not going to happen. Sadly, DH believed me to be far more on top of things than I really am, and tossed our address book that was damaged in a tragic counter flooding incident. He thought I had transferred all of the address - in reality, I had only transferred the super important ones. That left about 30 that were lost (yeah, that's a lot of family). So after many phone calls, my list is finally complete with the exception of 3 families that moved.

Which reminds me, I have about a dozen and then some left over cards, if anyone out there collects cards to use in crafts or just likes to have pretty card displays this time of year let me know and I'd be more than happy to send a card your way. Alas, it is far too late and I need to save my kitchen from DH's great cake adventures (which was 3 days ago!). For some reason he has decided to start baking - bless his heart for trying. I bake quite a bit and I am still baffled by the fact that he managed to dirty 5 bowls while making a boxed cake mix - and then proceeded to leave the dishes for me. One would think that after many failed dishes boycotts I would learn my lesson. No, I now have a dirty kitchen and I'm itchin' to get baking, so I must take the plunge. I wouldn't be so willing to give in if it weren't December. I do love December.

2 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I have to get started on my cards too!

chanale said...

Soph is braver than I am. There's no way I'd go to one of the outdoor pools in December.

Eliza wandered off today, then when everything was too quiet after a minute, I went to find her. She didn't answer when I called out her name, but just then I heard the doorbell ring. There she was standing on my doorstep jumping up and down laughing completely naked! Brrr...