Tuesday, November 27, 2007

One bad apple...

At last we have returned. Talk about some serious blogging withdrawals! My God. So much happened and so few pictures got taken (by me), that I seriously don't remember most of it. In a nutshell, we all had a really great time. Thanksgiving was delicious, although I ended up handing over crafty projects to DH and his sister and did a good chunk of the cooking - which I'm pretty sure my MIL is more thankful for than had I merely occupied the kiddies - anyone can occupy children, but I guess not anyone can cook.

After that DH had the idea to swing upstate to visit some other family folk which went pretty well for our sort day stay... then came the bad apple. And I'm pretty sure this bad able is the reason I can't recall all the great fun we had (it may have ruined the whole bunch). We got tragically lost in the backwoods of PA for something like 5 hours, in the pitch black and pouring rain. Horrible horrible horrible. I now hate driving through PA way more than the Jersey Turnpike. In fact - while driving aimlessly with no clue where we were and no visibility I longed for the comfort of the Dwight D Eisenhower rest stop. Once I've unpacked and re-settled and what not I shall probably have more to say. Until then... the Christmas decorating shall commence! Soph and I are so so very excited.

8 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

Cher Mere said...

How scary to have gotten lost!

I am glad you are back safe now.

chanale said...

That would scared me to death! How did you find your way back?

Welcome back and happy decorating!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Yikes!!! I hate getting lost. I freak out. If you guys travel alot man those GPS are great and they are some that are not that expensive.

Amber (Bouncing Buttons) said...

It sounds like you might have been in my area. LOL! I would like to move out of Pa someday.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your bad experience and that it overshadowed your wonderful Thanksgiving. March on forward and make new happy Christmas memories to bury the trauma of your unintended excursion!

Garden State Kate said...

Oh..they mock the great pike, but
one day they shall miss it! lol
I'm glad you are home safe and sound
and look forward to pics of decorated bliss!!

Daphne said...

Yas - We do have a GPS! But it was pouring rain and it wouldn't work because of the cloud cover.

Kate - I will never mock again! Oh and exit 9 is our favorite! It's the point where the exits are no longer 23 miles apart :).

Amber - I don't know how you do it! and does PA not believe in maps? or were we just that lost and that backwood? We stopped about 5 times and no one sold maps... anywhere.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wow, that is scary.