Monday, November 5, 2007

Unplugged Project : Haiku

Soph and I really had no clue what to do for our Unplugged activity. We tried to think of a fall related haiku, that did not happen. Then we made some food for Brenna together (OK, I made food for Brenna while she "taste tested" it and told me she was glad she wasn't a baby anymore - in reality she just really doesn't like broccoli, and I can't change that. I came up with a haiku about that, but it really was mostly blah. Then, DH and Soph found a ladybug crawling on our front porch railing. It was caught in a piece of Halloween fake spiderweb and couldn't really move because it's little legs were all tangled. Well, they sat and spent about 15 minutes freeing the little ladybug. Then Sophia went on to tell me how this little ladybug was her new best friend and they were going to be best friends always. Then she tried to kiss her new friend. Bad idea. Ladybug friend was almost a ladybug snack. After being nearly loved to death, the little ladybug flew to a nearby leaf for a snack of his (or her) own, and Sophia and I went to acquire a ladybug habitat from Lakeshore... Thus my inspiration for our haiku! I had her illustrate (with my help of course)-

Little Friends (by Me & Soph)

Little ladybug

My new best friend forever

Until you fly home

The process - The finished product -

5 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

Gottfredsen said...

That looks great. I love how she wants to best friends forever with the lady bug. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I am glad you finally found an inspiration for your haiku. It was a tough project this week, but we had fun too.

Let me know how the ladybug habitat goes. We have one, but haven't ordered the ladybugs yet (I guess we'll have to wait until spring now).

I hope you'll join us next week for "Red." I have no idea how that one will go since it is so vague. Hopefully it'll be fun though!

Garden State Kate said...

Great job!
Lovely drawing!!

Jenny said...

How sweet that your daughter said the ladybug was going to be her best friend, and that she and your husband took the time to free it. Be sure and post pictures of the ladybug habitat as that sounds like something my CJ might like this spring!

Tamara said...

Looks like it all fell into place! What a great haiku and illustration.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for "red." I can't wait to see what I come up with either... ;-)