Friday, November 16, 2007

Unplugged Gone Wild

While trying to decide what we were going to do for our Unplugged Project : The Box edition, I was trying to think outside the box (pun intended). I thought it would be a good exercise in math and what not if we tried to see how many legos we could fit into a box. We guessed how many it would take and then started filling - let me tell you, the box wasn't very big, but man did it fit a lot of legos. Needless to say, about halfway through filling the box Soph was sick of the whole thing and as I continued to fill the box, she began snagging the legos as I would put them in so she could build a sword. So - then came my next idea. Well, why not decorate boxes. We went and acquired the goods (2 boxes from Michael's, one for her and one more me). I dragged out all of my craft supplies. You know, the ones that get put in hiding for fear that your 3 year old will ransack every last border/sticker/stamp pad/etc, and you will walk in a room one day to find that your couch is a distressed black beneath a mired of letters, flowers, and holiday paraphernalia.

With boxes in hand we dove into my supplies, and started digging out what we thought we thought would fit our themes. Mine, a "Thanksgiving Box"; Soph's, a sparkle pretty box. Well, she had a grand time. I let her use my special fancy markers, she was quite delicate. I started on my box - but being the perfectionist I am, nothing seemed quite right. Well - here is where the project went wild. Soph finished up her box after about an hour or so (Never has she been so involved in a project). But I wasn't done! I was determined to finish my box before night fall. Rather than neglect my children (tempting though it was), I put my project on hold.

Finally, DH arrived home. I fed them all, did the dishes, and then vanished into my room. Before I knew it, it was 5 hours later. I still wasn't finished - something just wasn't right. After much thought and a quick trip downstairs to make sure the family was faring well without me, I returned to my lair. My project was completed, and I was happily able to go to sleep.

By this point I know you're all dying to know what this box must look like- but I guess you'll just have to wait until Unplugged Monday to find out. ;)

3 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

jennyonthespot said...

Welll, it seems I'll have to come back Monday then!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

I am dying to see what the box looks like.

Garden State Kate said...

You know you have us "hooked" right?
:-)