Saturday, October 27, 2007

Trapped indoors

Yes - we are trapped indoors. It has been raining since Tuesday - pretty much non-stop. Now, I am all for going outside and running around and getting so cold and wet that the only thing left to do is come inside and take a nice bath/shower. Well, Sophia didn't want to, and I did realize that perhaps Brenna wouldn't appreciate that much either. Needless to say, I was out voted 2 - 1. So instead we had a rather uneventful week (yes, by this point I realize that "uneventful" is quite the norm.) The high point was way back on Monday when we went to our first Preschool Co-op. Oh it was FANTASTIC! The other moms were so nice, and all the kids were so nice. It was so great. And even though it was our first day, there were other stragglers that stumbled upon the group by accident as well - the more the merrier right? So there ended up being about 20 preschoolers - that's nearly a classroom full. Sophia had a great time, the theme was pumpkins so they read pumpkin books and did some pumpkin crafts and sang pumpkin songs. Oh it was grand. My camera is MIA or I'd have taken/posted pictures.

One of the crafts was the 5 little pumpkins sitting on a gate. Well - not only did Sophia insist very adamantly that she do all the cutting herself (others let their moms help, probably for the sake of time... as we only got to do 1 craft), AND she refused to put faces on her pumpkins because the poem went 5 little PUMPKINS sitting on a gate.... not 5 little JACK O LANTERNS. Touche.

I really don't know what we did the rest of the week, gymnastics of course, library twice. Lots of reading, tons of singing and dancing. Oh and we did our Unplugged Project (pictures Monday!). very messy, but that's OK - I'm getting used to the fact that anything fun with a 3 year old is going to be messy.

Other than that - nothing. Oh I did chop off my hair and we woke up to a foyer full of ants this morning. Needless to say I'm letting DH deal with that, while I sit here, post to my blog and tickle Brenna. I do believe another trip to the library is in order - but that will have to wait until they're open.

2 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

Garden State Kate said...

Sounds great...except for the ants of course! The 5 little pumpkins reminds me we made a craft last year for this story/song that I'll have to pull out.:-)

Gottfredsen said...

It definetly stinks that you got stuck inside. I feel for you. We get stuck inside more often than not. So I completly understand.