Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sneaky Kate Tagged Me!

So I was tagged to list 8 things I like about myself. It's really hard to think of 8 things about myself that I like enough to mention. Here goes nothin'

I like that

1. I still manage to surprise myself.

2. I have 2 children that surprise me just as much.

3. I sing with my kids even though I can't carry a tune in a bucket (and they both sing right along)

4. I know myself enough to know when I should steer clear of people as to not spread my case of the crankies (this tends to be rather often at times)

5. I tend to have a very keen 3rd person perspective.

6. I don't sugar coat things, or beat around the bush

7. my DH puts up with me (ok I guess that's something I like about HIM, but I'm running out of things!)

8. I have overcome my distaste for cleaning up paint... thanks much in part to the genius at Crayola that made everything "washable".

I'm supposed to tag 7 people or something like that - however the only people that probably read this have either a) been tagged or b) saw a blog that had already done it and felt inspired. So I do believe that I shall retire the chain (sorry I'm really just not that popular). If someway somehow someone reads this silly little blog that I don't know about, feel free to work your brain for 8 things you like about yourself.

That being said, I think I'm going to take it one step further and list 8 things I would like to change. Here's the kicker... I'm going to actively try and actually make these changes - rather than whine and say "oh blah blah" which is usually what I do. Perhaps publishing it for the world (or 5 other people) to see will make it more concrete.

I would like to

1. Be more tidy on a day to day basis... not just when company is coming

2. Take Sophia to the park more often

3. Be more positive about myself and life in general - this includes not being negative about how people in MD drive

4. Remember with success that Sophia is only 3 and it's not entirely her fault that she doesn't listen to me (ever)

5. Remember that respect is a 2 way street, and the best way to get respect is to give it (yeah, talkin' about my 3 year old again)

6. Actually go to the gym rather than whine that I want to

7. Be more frugal/thrifty and actually completely adhere to my carefully contrived budget

8. Actually tell my DH how awesome he is rather than tell everyone else but forget to tell him.

Hopefully this list will be completed. Definitely not today, more than likely not tomorrow... but I'll get back to you someday. And as hard as it was to pick 8 things I liked, it was just as hard to pick 8 things I wanted to actually truly change.

2 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

Garden State Kate said...

Thanks for joining in Daph!
Lofty goals...I may try that as well.
I try to balance my "need to be tidy" with P's "need to create disorder",lol.

Anonymous said...

Love the lists. I'm going to have a difficult time figuring out 8 things. I sing out of tune as well. Sometimes my dd (also annoyingly 3) will tell me to stop singing mostly because she is just being bossy but I always fear it's because I can't sing.

It is so much easier to be by yourself if you are cranky.

I like to the To Do List I too need to remember that my daughter is only 3. Someone wrote on my blog yesterday that we need to remember that they are not trying to drive us crazy. I am constantly finding myself thinking if I want respect I need to be nicer to my daughter. That is ususally in the middle of my own yelling.

Oh and we need to get outside more as well. I am terrible about it.

Good luck!