Friday, August 24, 2007

Peace, Quiet and a To-Do list

Well... after leaving for NY last night, we got as far as Northern MD when suddenly there was some crazy traffic. 1 hour later, we had traveled 1 mile and I was a very very unhappy Daphne. Especially since it was 11pm and all we could see was tail lights as far as the eyes could see. Needless to say, we turned around. Given my horrible terrible no good very bad allergy to dogs, and the fact that his family has several - my hubby reminded me that I didn't have to go (I have cranky tendencies when unable to breath). I felt pretty bad because I know that his family wanted to see Brenna, and I didn't think he'd be able to handle want to take both girls with him. On the other hand I didn't want my crankiness to ruin their trip. Well I stayed, and he took both Brenna and Sophia with him. Until about noon, the peace and quiet was nice. Now I'm bored. I have decided that I'm going to totally clean our house, since that never seems to happen with the kiddies are around. We'll see how well that works out. And since Sophia's not here, I'm going to sort through some of her toys for Freecycle. Perhaps I'll even do some sewing! (wow It seems I may be getting a little ahead of myself). I might even re-organize our craft stuff since right now all the supplies seem to be a bit nomadic in that they really don't have a "permanent" home. 2 Whole days! I just hope everything goes OK for him *fingers crossed*

3 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Wow 2 whole days. I would love just enjoying the silence. Oh the things I could get done, the movies I could watch. When dh takes the kids ( I wish for 2 days) I would just vegatate on the couch and totally be lazy for a few hours. I sit there and start to plan everything and before I know it I have my music blasting and cleaning.

patrice said...

What a great dad, and with G'ma and G'pa, everything'll be fine! Indulge yourself!
P-

Garden State Kate said...

Good for you!
I can't even imagine my dh taking P anywhere over night alone...lol.
They would have to drive home...
;-)