Sunday, August 26, 2007

101 Things About Me

I saw this on someone else's blog. I am sure that not everyone wants to know 101 things about me... I'm looking at this as more of a challenge for myself to a) come up with 101 "things" about me (that is a big number) b) do some "self reflection" and c) procrastinate finishing my "to do" list that has barely been dented... 'cause lets be honest - when is the next time I'll have "me" time... like never. So where is the desire to spend the entire time cleaning? exactly. 1. I am 25. 2. I was born and raised in Southern California. 3. I was adopted at birth. 4. I was in the Air Force. 5. My husband and I got married when I was 21 and he was 18 (yes, he is younger than me). 6. My pre-pregnant size was 4. 7. I am not a "happy" pregnant person. 8. I am bi-lingual, as is my husband. 9. I am addicted to medical & forensic TV shows. 10. I am a total science geek and proud of it (although you wouldn't guess it if you saw me). 11. I am very organized... 12. ... in theory. In reality - something seems to have gotten lost in translation. 13. I am not a social butterfly. 14. I ramble a lot 15. I have lived in CA, NY, FL, TX, and MD. 16. I like CA the most. 17. I like TX the least. (no offense Texans - we were in San Angelo) 18. Before pregnancy #2, I was going to school to be a nurse. 19. My GPA was 3.94 20. I am deathly allergic to Ibuprofen, penicillin, spiders and stinging insects. 21. I am stubborn. 22. I am either ultra focused or completely scattered... there is no in between. 23. I can't believe I'm only on #23. 24. I am easily frustrated. 25. I have low no tolerance for "stupid" people, rude people, and bad drivers. 26. I enjoy procrastination. 27. I love the "pressure" of a deadline. 28. I hate beer. 29. I do enjoy red wine. 30. I will rarely answer a question unless I am 99% certain of the answer. 31. I detest being wrong... but when I am I'll suck it up. 32. I love being right. 33. I am loud. 34. I am very loud when fueled by emotion. 35. 11:45am is my favorite time of day. 36. That's when the mailman comes. 37. I am horrible about mailing things. 38. I love reading children's books. 39. I like reading in general. 40. I enjoy watching movies... 41. I tend to get my best sleep during them. 42. I am an aspiring hobbyist. 43. I often forget my daughter is only 3 and that I need to treat her like a 3 year old. 44. I absolutely hate doing the dishes. 45. I am scared of what lurks in our basement. 46. As a result my husband does most of our laundry. 47. I am scared to death of lightening. 48. I give everyone a chance, but when I'm done I'm done. 49. I am a pretty good cook. 50 I'm only half way done. 51. My daughter (Sophia) is allergic to peanuts, eggs, shellfish, milk (casein), wheat, and until recently soy. 52. I am very interested in allergy research as a result. 53. I need a cup of coffee. 54. I have been to Canada, England, France, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, and Turkey. 55. I would like to go to Ireland, Scotland, Croatia, and Montenegro. 56. I am a realist. 57. My husband is a dreamer... we but heads often but keep each other in check as a result. 58. I am a military wife. 59. I am very behind on household chores. 60. I enjoy reading other people's blogs because I enjoy peeking into other people's lives. 61. I feel a bit voyeuristic when doing so. 62. Although I enjoy most types of music, I do not like Rap, nor do I like R&B. 63. I rarely go to bed before midnight. 64. I enjoy photography. 65. I am creative. 66. I enjoy exercising, but have fallen off the horse since having Brenna. 67. I do not like the "idea" of change... I like things to stay the same. 68. Once they do change I see it's not so bad. 69. I'm running out of things about me. 70. My favorite color is maroon. Followed closely by green. 71. I do not wear jewelry other than my wedding ring. 72. My husband lost his wedding ring 2 years ago in Bosnia and I am still pissed that he hasn't replaced it yet. 73. I bring this up when I am especially frustrated with him. 74. I love icons. 75. My father passed away when I was 16. 76. Daisies and sunflowers are my favorite flowers. 77. I love going to museums. 78. I hate going to the park. 79. Swinging and watching people swing give me motion sickness. 80. We have lived in our house 6 months and I still haven't put the shade in the window of our upstairs hallway. 81. I do not like the sun, I am very fair skinned. 82. I get carded at R-rated movies. 83. My first car was a 1989 Jeep Cherokee. 84. My favorite season is Fall. 85. My 2nd favorite season is spring. 86. I have ridiculously curly hair. 87. I wear bandannas every day (well... most every day). 88. I enjoy any type of pizza as long as there is pineapple on it. 89. I am very competitive. 90. Pat (my husband) will not play scrabble with me because of this. 91. I swam competitively for 9 years. 92. I liked playing water polo more. 93. I also played soccer. 94. I have no hand eye coordination. 95. I could live on quesadillas. 96. I don't eat enough fruit. 97. I will spend hours coming up with a "plan" only to find it's a waste of time every time. 98. My mom and sister still live in CA and we're going for a visit soon. 99. Pat is a New Yorker. 100. I am 5'4'', Pat is 6'4''. 101. I need to get back to my cleaning. C'est tout. To je sve. That's all folks!

8 Questions, Comments, Concerns:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That was very interesting. Number 72, my husband is on his 4th ring he has lost two and one no longer fit. My husband took at least 2 years to replace the last one.

Shari said...

Nicely done!

I am a military wife also, although Canadian. My hubby also cannot keep a ring on to save his life. lol.

Garden State Kate said...

We have many things in common, including #48...this is a biggie for me.It was fun learning more about you!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

I love learning about people. Gives me an more an idea of what you are like. I might try it on my blog, although I do not know if I can come up with 101 things. hmm

Cher Mere said...

I know it was long but I feel like I learned some interesting things about you from that list. Thanks

patrice said...

I love your list, and I feel inspired to attempt one in the future. I love that you're so competitive Pat won't play scrabble with you! I have to laugh because my husband used to threaten not to play because I was too competitive too. I've relaxed a lot and we love to play.

Amber (Bouncing Buttons) said...

I love your list! I doubt I can come up with 101 things about myself. I will try but I might put myself to sleep before I get to 20. LOL! You are a much more interesting person than I am!

Daphne said...

Holy Cow. A lot more people actually read that than I anticipated. thanks :) I feel special.
M & S - The 2 year ring absence is the 2nd ring he lost. I don't know what it is when men *sigh*
P - I tried to "relax" but he said the fact that I still felt the need for a scrabble dictionary was "too competitive" ... it's not my fault we can't spell!
A - I didn't think I could come up with 101 things either... you might surprise yourself ;) And I don't find myself particularly interesting - just a girl with a story (as are you I'm sure)